Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB)
Director of Employment and Training, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032
Description of the Company:
Teachers Recruitment Board is an organization set up by the Tamil Nadu Government to hire the best teachers for schools and colleges across Chennai.
Advantages of Working under TRB:
Once you clear the exam conducted by TRB
- You will be working as a teacher recruited by the Tamil Nadu government job
- You will be given high preference if you are from local
- You can work within Tamil Nadu and hometown if you belong to Tamil Nadu
- Your Salaries would be paid on time.
- You will be having a fixed work timing.
- You won’t be having much of work pressure.
- You will be availing of all the benefits of a government employee.
- You will get PF, Medical Facilities, Accommodation.
Anyone who qualifies the Teachers Recruiters exam conducted by TRB would have to work in Tamil Nadu State. According to the requirements of the teacher in any schools and colleges affiliated by the Tamil Nadu Government, they can transfer the candidate from one city to another within Tamil Nadu. As this is a state government job the teachers would be allocated with the schools and colleges within Tamil Nadu.
TRB Exam Level:
According to the number of positions and the number of teachers applying for the job the level of the difficulty of the exam would be decided by the TRB.
Read More : RPSC : Rajasthan Public Service Commission
TRB hires teachers for Tamil Nadu State Government. So the job type would be the state government job.
Release of Teachers Recruitment Jobs Notification:
Teachers Recruitment Jobs Notification would be released on its official website. One can go to the official website and download it.
Note: Currently, TRB is not hiring any teachers for any schools and colleges. As there are no vacancies, there are no openings. From the official site, you can download any of the old recruitment notifications so that you can know the hiring process and syllabus and can prepare for further exams.
All the dates including the Last Date for Submission, Examination Date, Date of Release of Admit Card, and other important dates would be released on the official job website.
Read More : EPFO Recruitment : Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
Total Vacancies for TRB Exams:
According to the number of positions available for teachers, the total number of job vacancies to hire teachers would be decided by the TRB.
Currently, there are no opening and no vacancies for teachers
TRB Exams would be conducted with the Schools or Colleges of Tamil Nadu
The address of the examination hall will be given on TRB admit card. Some times the exams might get rescheduled due to the unfavorable conditions. So it would be better if the candidate would keep themselves updated.
Read More : TSLPRB : Telangana State Level Police Recruitment Board
Eligibility Criteria for TRB Exams:
Any Lecturer who is less than 52 years, can apply for this post having the following qualifications:
If a candidate is applying as a school teacher then he or she should have the following qualifications:
- Candidate should have Graduate degree B.A./B.Sc. with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, and Geography as Major subjects obtained from a recognized University.
- The Candidate should hold the Professional qualification ie. B.Ed degree obtained from a recognized University.
If a candidate is applying for lecturer for Engineering or Non-Engineering position then he or she would have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology / Architecture with not less than sixty Percent of marks or equivalent
- Or a candidate has a Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology / Architecture, the candidate should possess a first-class or equivalent in the appropriate branch either at Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level.
Read More : PSPCL : PUNJAB STATE POWER CORPORATION LIMITED
Syllabus for TRB Exams:
TRB Exams Covers the following Syllabus:
If a teacher is applying as a school teacher then he or she should prepare the following.
- History of Tamil Literature
- History of English Literature
- Mathematical Aptitude and Mental Ability Test
- General Science
- History of Tamil Nadu and India
- Physical Geography and Economic Geography of India
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Human Growth and Development
- Cognitive Development
- Social, Economical and Moral Development
- Intelligence and Creativity
- Motivation and Group Dynamic
- Personality Assessment
- Mental Health and hygiene
- Guidance and Counseling
- History of Educational Development in Tamil Nadu
If a teacher is applying as Lecturer for Engineering Subject position then according to the branch or subject they teach, the syllabus would vary.
Exam Pattern for TRB Exams:
For almost all the exam(exams for teachers for schools and college) TRB follows the following exam pattern
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Total Questions: 150 Questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Medium: English or Tamil
Selection Procedure for TRB Exams:
The selection of the candidate will be done based on two successive stages
- Computer-based examination
- Awarding Weightage marks during Certificate Verification
In this exam the candidate would have to attempt 150 MCQ Questions. if he or she qualifies the exam then he or she will be eligible for the second round.
The TRB will prepare the list of Candidates for Certificate Verification. They will check the certificates of the candidates.
Application Fee for TRB Exams:
The Application fee of TRB varies for those who want to apply for as a teacher for a school to those who want to be a lecturer in engineering college. This application fee would be ranging from 500 to 800 Rs.
The concession would be given to the lower cast and backward cast people. This application fee should be paid at the time of filling the application form.
Read More : TSPSC : Telangana State Public Service Commission
After writing the TRB exam, if you qualify the exam you would become a teacher or a lecturer in any school or college.
The Payscale would vary according to where the candidate has applied for and where the candidate got placed.
- If a candidate got selected then he or she would get payed between Rs.36900-116600
- Those who get qualified as a lecturer in College then payscale would bein between Rs.56100 – 177500.
How to Apply for TRB Exams:
To Apply for TRB Exams follow the following steps:
- Read the official Notifications for the job you are applying to. If you feel you are eligible for the job then
- Go to the official site where you can apply for the job. ( One can find the link in the official notification)
- Register yourself with the genuine email id and phone number.
- Submit all the documents that are required including the photo and signature.
- Complete the details, verify all the details and then submit your details to apply for the exam.
- Once you have submitted then the page would be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Pay the amount and generate the receipt.
- Download the receipt and download the admit card.
There are a few important things that one has to keep in mind while applying for the exam
- Offline Registration of the exam is not available.
- One must apply this exam through the official website itself
- Once the payment is made, it cant be refunded.
- One cant apply for the exam after the last date of application submission.
- Once the application is submitted it can’t be changed or modified.
- As currently there are no openings, this option is currently not available on the website. This would be available back again once there are openings.
TRB Exams Official Recruitment Notification link:
Currently, there are no openings for the candidates. To get the Job official job recruitment notifications, keep updated with the official website. If you don’t understand how to do that or if you feel it very confusing then you can subscribe to us to get the latest official TRB Jobs recruitment notifications
ADMIT CARD for TRB:
To download the TRB admit card follow the below steps:
- Register yourself for the exam on the official website.
- Make sure that the information that you have filled is correct.
- After applying to make the payment
- Once the payment is received, the information will be verified.
- Once everything is verified you will get the chance to download the HSSC Clerk Admit Card.
As there is no Job-Opening currently, you cannot apply now or download the admit card. Once there are openings, you can follow the above process and download the application.
PREPARATION STRATEGY for TRB:
There are a lot of ways to prepare for the exams, there are a lot of online course videos on YouTube. There are a lot of Free Mock Tests and previous question papers that you can use to practice for the exam which will help you to crack the exam very easily.
There are a lot of books that would help the candidate to prepare for TRB Exams. They are:
- Teachers Recruitment Board PG English Previous Year Solved Papers Exam Book.
- English for Polytechnics.
- Post Graduate Teachers Recruitment Test English.
- KVS PGT Self Preparation Guide English Recruitment Examination.
- UGC Net English Literature.
- ENGLISH FOR POLYTECHNIC.
- Teachers Recruitment Board PG English.
If you have already applied for the Teachers Recruitment Board TRB Exams and failed to register properly or have any other issues in applying then comment down the issue below. We would help you guide you.
Read more job related articles in our jobsquare blog section.